Other Mining History Groups
- American Mining History Association
- National Association of Mining History Organisations – NAMHO is a national body for mining history in the UK and Ireland with over 50 members including societies and museums.
- South Australian Mining History Association – the SAMH is a group focused on the mining history and relevant aspects in South Australia.
- The Australian Prospectors and Miners Hall of Fame – a virtual web-based resource which recognises and provides information on the heritage of Australian prospectors and miners.
General History Websites
- Earth Sciences History Group – the Earth Sciences History Group of the GSA Inc. was founded in 1984 with one of its aims the preservation of the heritage relating to earth science history including old mining sites.
- History of Earth Sciences Society – Aims to bridge the gap between the humanities and the sciences through exchange between historians and earth scientists.
- The Australian Historical Association – a national association of historians – academic, professional and other – working in all fields of history. The AHA holds an annual conference and administers a portfolio of prizes, awards and grants.
- The Royal Historical Society of Queensland – was founded in 1913, and is a vibrant organisation dedicated to promoting Queensland’s history for the benefit of its members, affiliated societies and the broader community.
- The New Zealand Historical Association – through its website and conferences, along with advocacy and lobbying, the NZHA aims to promote historical study, teaching and research.
- The New Zealand Federation of Historical Societies – aims to foster and stimulate interest in New Zealand history in general, and in the activities and objectives of historical and kindred societies in New Zealand.
Other Mining and Minerals Related Websites
- AusIMM Heritage Committee – information on minerals industry heritage designed to encourage conservation of significant sites, documents and objects.
- Australian Atlas of Minerals Resources, Mines and Processing Centres – information about different mineral resources with maps of locations of major mines and processing centres.
- Chinese Australian Historical Society has an interest in the involvement of Chinese prospectors and miners in Australia.
- Minerals Down Under – for students, a series of interactive fact sheets prepared by the Minerals Council of Australia.
- Geological Sites of NSW – iconic and significant geological sites in NSW.
- Mineralogical Society of NSW– a group interested in mineral collecting and visiting mine sites and quarries.
- The Pleural Mesothelioma Center (PleuralMesothelioma.com)’
Mining Museums and Displays (select country)